After a great wedding weekend here at The Loft, from the outside one would have guessed it was pulled off flawlessly! With a few hiccups behind the scenes, my staff here at The Loft really stepped it up and came to the rescue when the bridal party needed them the most! From misplaced socks to the best mans pants ripping 20 minutes before walking down the aisle, I am thrilled to say I really have the BEST staff working with me! Running errands and sewing dress pants on the spot, really shows our brides and clients we are here to help them with just about anything!
However, I understand that no bride wants to think about what could possibly go wrong on her wedding day, but it is important to be prepared for whatever is thrown your way! From tears of joy that might damper your makeup to a small stain on your dress – wedding emergencies come in all shapes and sizes!
Here are a few items listed below that you want to have prepared for your wedding day emergency kit!
- Medicine (aspirin, tylenol, antacids, allergy/sinus, anti-diarrheal): Everyone needs to feel their best.
- Bandaids: You never know when someone will get stuck with a corsage pin or the ring bearer will fall down.
- Blister pads: You’ll be wearing those shoes all day long, and most likely this is the first time you’ve worn them.
- Eye drops/contact solution
- Tissues (lots of them!)
- Breath mints
Oops! -Because accidents happen.
- Chalk: Covers up smudges and smears on your wedding dress.
- Double-sided garment tape: It not only fixes a hem quick, but also hides bra straps and keeps fabrics in place.
- Krazy Glue: A quick fix for nails, shoes and even jewelry.
- Mini sewing kit
- Stain remover: A Tide To Go stick is a must. Keep it around during the reception too in case punch or food gets spilled.
- Tampons/sanitary napkins
- Black marker
- Shine blotting papers: Keep these close by if you’re taking pictures out in the heat.
- Dental floss and toothbrush/toothpaste
- Deodorant wipes
- Hair spray
- Nail file and clippers
- Nail polish in the color you’re wearing and clear
- Lint remover
- Touch-up makeup
Extras – All ways keep extras of these around.
- Bobby pins/ponytail holders
- Safety pins
- Corsage pins
- Hand sanitizer
- Mirrors: With girls getting ready, there can never be enough mirrors.
- Plenty of water bottles
- For the water. You don’t want to mess up your lipstick or risk spilling it.
- Granola and energy bars: Sometimes, there’s just not enough time to eat or you don’t feel like a real meal. This will help everyone keep their energy up.