Planning your wedding can become very stressful, especially when you start to add up the seemingly unending list of expenses. Most brides have a limit on their wedding budget but just because you may not have unlimited funds does not mean you are limited as to how beautiful your wedding day can be! So how do you pull off a one-of-a-kind, unforgettable, wedding day and still have money left over for a honeymoon? Follow these tips below and keep in mind that you do not need to blow your budget in order to have the wedding day of your dreams! Happy Planning!
1. Cut the guest list. This will slash your catering costs and save on invitations and even the number of centerpieces.
2. Think off-peak season or try setting the date on a Friday or Sunday and save thousands!
3. Hold your ceremony and reception in one spot- this will cut travel time for your vendors that you pay by the hour! This will also cut down on your flower and décor pricing!
4. Utilize larger tables so you need fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
5. Shop the off-season for extra decor — get modern black vases on sale after Halloween and pretty pink ones after Valentine’s Day.
1. Buy flowers that are in season.
2. Use more greenery than flowers.
3. Swap out costly flowers — did you know peonies can be five times more expensive than roses?
4. Stick to just one or two kinds of flowers.
5. Include non-florals, like lanterns and DIY centerpieces.
Food & Drink
1. Serve entree duets.
2. Skip the main course — apps and drinks are fine too.
3. Limit the Open Bar- Limiting a traditional open bar to a few hours can really cut costs
4. Think of having an afternoon brunch wedding! If you move your reception to the afternoon, you can help you save on food and alcohol charges. Food will be lighter and less expensive, and guests will drink less in the afternoon than in the evening (you hope).
5. Skip the champagne toast.
1. Order a small one or two-tiered cake and then supplement cake with a larger sheet cake (hidden back in the kitchen).
2. Keep the add-ons simple.
3. Use fresh flowers, not sugar ones.
4. Reuse ceremony flowers for the cake table.
5. Skip exotic fillings like guava and mango.
Stationery & Favors
1. Get single-page invites to save on postage.
2. Give out one favor per couple.
3. Have favors double as escort cards.
4. Email your save-the-dates.
5. Make your own menu cards, escort cards, and wedding favor packaging.
Photo, Video & Music
1. Have a photographer you love but can’t afford the prices? Ask them if they have an associate shooter who will do your wedding for less.
2. Opt for a smaller band.
3. Hire a band or DJ who can do both the ceremony and the reception.
Will you be implementing any of these money-saving tips when it comes to planning your wedding? Lets us know how YOU have saved money when planning your big day!